Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kill the Terrorists of the HIgh Seas

My article is written over the idea of killing pirates as they try to take over ships.  My author uses some pretty good arguments that appeal to the emotions of the readers.  He also presents logical arguments, and states history on what has been done to combat the pirate population.  I don't think this is a very educated argument, in the fact that he just states what he thinks would work best.  The author does state how several countries have let pirates go after disarming the pirates, and the attacks continue.  I am swayed however by his view, because he relates so much to the values of self preservation I have.  His audience is the world population, of every country that has been affected or assaulted by pirates.   The author shared his views of how he thinks the pirates should be given warning shots and then shot on sight.  I agree with him. 

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/02/26/etzioni.stop.piracy/index.html

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know there were still pirates in the world today until I read an article the other day about how a yacht got hijacked and 3 children were killed by a few of them. I think that if pirates are willing to kill innocent kids to get what they want, then I think we should be able to shoot them when they try to take over. You don't have to try and kill them, but shoot them nonetheless and then let them spend a happy long time in prison. :)

    ReplyDelete