This article describes the ways that the government is trying to change the ways they spend money on programs like social security and medicare. The rhetor shows that congressmen are just trying to get it over with, taking away from the ordinary Americans while they themselves don't have to adhere to the rules. The people that pay for these programs are going to get them taken away before they get to use them, while politicians enjoy whatever they need whenever they need them.
I feel that this article is well written. This author uses pathos. I'm not sure if the rhetor has the right credentials, for I haven't seen any of his other writings. I do agree with this writer when he has points in his pledge that are supposed to save Americas future. I believe there should be something done soon. We are falling apart at the seams as a country. The rich keep getting richer, and the poor keep getting poorer. There isn't a happy medium anymore like there was when I graduated high school. We need to all stand up and take accountablility for our actions, and realize that sacrifices must be made so that our children do not have to actually suffer more than we think we are these days.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/02/07/need-pledge-america-save-country/
The vast different between economic classes is an ongoing struggle. Rich people want to keep their money, while poor people continue to look for a way to get more. It’s sad to say but as time goes on the commonplace belief in society of self-preservation is becoming more and more important. Everyone seems to only be concern with how legislation or federal programs affect them. When the point behind it all is to help people who can't help themselves.
ReplyDelete