This author is expressing his views of how the conservatives of America are losing strength. This author feels very strongly on this topic, and how they can prevent losing strength while possibly gaining more conservatives.
This rhetor is a conservative himself, that is well known in political talk radio. I believe that he is making a valid and academic argument that has many points. He uses pathos to try and appeal to conservative members that are his audience, or maybe undecided members that aren't sure if they are conservative or liberal. He uses both extrinsic and intrinsic proofs through stories of his own experience and what he can see happening around him. He fears that the conservatives "killing liberals is fun" mentality is going to completely turn away all people that are on the line for their political views. I feel that he is right, and that he needs to be heard. Both major political parties are so focused on making the other look bad these days that if they were to just step back and show random acts of kindness, they might get a lot more votes during the next election.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/02/09/conservatives-losing-winning/
I agree with you. I consider my self as a independent, but I've noticed that I lean slightly towards the left on some issues. I try to vote for who the candidate is and what they stand for, rather than what party they belong to. The media portrays the parties almost as if they were street gangs. I think our politics is just another way to separate the masses and cause corruption.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading this article, I've concluded that the author is right. Conservatives and liberals should have a educated debate without mudslinging or go as far to fabricate lies to gain votes for power. The mission is to "win every heart and every mind for the truth", but we don't know the truth. Americans on both sides don't want to hear lies and promises that are never met. Americans want results. (That won't raise taxes).